Saturday, December 8, 2012

Babies!

No, not mine... but some ladies that I love!

It's been a blessing to see two Godly women growing a precious little one in their little ovens!  Two out of the three pastor's wives are preggers, and everyone keeps telling me it's my turn.  LISTEN HERE PEOPLE, we need some time!!!  All of this talk is going to work like osmosis and infect me!  Cut it out!!!  Ha, it's really okay... It's just not my time yet!

We just got to celebrate our beautiful friend Emily's greatly awaited little girl, Elise Lynne Mofield("Ellie").  It was amazing to see the women of the church come out and support their sweet sweet bundle of joy!  Kim was so great to take charge of the shower and designate all of the bits and pieces.  I got to help out by making the banner and oreo truffles as party favors.  It was so beautiful and pink! 


The letters didn't pop as much as I hoped, but I think it turned out alright!



Thanks to Caroline who pitched in last minute to help me get these done!



Caroline made this AMAZING buggy cake!  She's pretty much ridiculous.


Emily in pink, and everyone who helped out in some way!  Amazing women!!!
 Back in OCTOBER... I co-hosted my bestest friend Caroline's shower for her little man, Jude Allen Herron.  I had so much fun color coordinating and crafting!  It was a little much for a shower when you have no idea how many people will show up, since the whole church was invited.  However, when your best friend is having her first baby, IT'S A BIG DEAL!  And I couldn't do anything less.  Jude's room is gray, yellow, white, and a hint of navy.  It took a great deal of time and imagination, but I had so much fun finding things to match the colors and make this shower super special!





For the banner, I gathered a variety of scrapbook paper in the selected color scheme, made a pattern of pendants and ties, cut out circles for a background and added the letter stickers.  LOVE it.

VOILA!


Drink table!  Punch prepared by Emily.  Puff ball by Megan.  Blocks specially designed and ordered by Blake's mom!

Food table!  Thank you to everyone who contributed to our snacks and desserts!

I made the lemon poppyseed cake (yellow on the inside to match, duh!).  I put alphabet labels in front of each food and drink item!

Typical oreo truffles, but I added fun little mustache picks for the "little man" theme idea!

Jennifer is SO SKILLED at diaper cakes.  She made the carriage!!! 

I jazzed up some vases to hold the candies.

There's a baybee in there!!!



Punch anyone?


Mustache winner!

Poopy diaper winner!






MUSTACHE FUN!!!





Caroline's due date was YESTERDAY, and baby Jude has yet to appear.  She is super preggers; I could pop her belly with a toothpick!  Come on little man!  Aunt Kiki is ready to meet you!  (I just really want a fun nickname.)

No comments:

Post a Comment