Friday, December 28, 2012

Holiday Treats

The lovely Caroline reminded me that I did not post the fun treats I made this year!  I had such a fun time looking up different ideas for fun sweets to nibble.  Some things I found were way out of my league and complicated.  Some were cheesy or just... well... not cute.  But I did find some treasures to test out, and this is what I came up with:

These little guys are by far my favorite.  They are simply marshmallows and white chocolate.  However, the trick of getting the chocolate to cover the puffs and smooth out caused me a little bit of thinkin'!



Wrapped up and ready to be devoured by little (and big) kiddos!



These friends are basically the same, but with milk chocolate and broken pretzels.  Let me just go ahead and say that pretzel-breaking is quite the ordeal.  It takes some serious skill.  Like, I may need to take some culinary classes on how to break them.  Because most of the time, they just crumbled to itty bitty pieces.



And how about these easy-peasy goodies?  They've been made my many before.  They are not a new thing; I am aware.  But look how pretty!  And easy!  Pretzels, Hershey's Kisses, Hershey's Hugs, Christmas M&M's.



When you have leftover chocolate, what do you do?  MAKE IT UP!  So I did.  And this is what happened:



Santa hats!!!  That was not my original intent.  I just dipped the marshmallows, but when they did this curly thing at the top, I thought it looked like the floppy part of a hat.  I added a dot of white chocolate, and VOILA!


Oreo truffles.  I make these all the time, so people started associating them with me.  But I will always give credit where it is due.  Caroline is the one who made them before me and gave me the recipe!  I will share, though, the first time I made them was with my bestie Katie in our college apartment.  We were so excited.  Unfortunately, Caroline left out the important step of FREEZING the oreo guts before dipping them in the melted chocolate.  It's kind of an important step.  Let's just say that our first Oreo balls were UGLY.  But they tasted delicious!!!

 I've gotten a little more elaborate in my decorating, though.  These are much more exciting than the regular ones I make!

 And finally, I made these for the most recent of Christmas celebrations:




Santa hats with brownies as the base.  Again... easy... Do you see a theme here?  Add some oreo truffles to the mix, and you have a lovely party plate!



Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment