Saturday, September 29, 2012

Finding Franklin

I'm just gonna go ahead and put this out there.... I'm not good at keeping up with a blog, okay?  I'm just not.  So, these are just gonna come when they come.  And here one is!

I just had the most wonderful day with my amazing husband!  We are coming up on our first wedding anniversary, and that just blows my mind.  I've been a wife for almost a whole year already!!!  What?!  Well, in this past year, we've learned that time is not always on our side.  Both of our jobs involve more than just the typical "work hours".  We don't have such a thing.  We don't clock out.  Our jobs follow us everywhere we go.  That being said, I have had to learn that time with my husband is very valuable, and we have got to be intentional in reserving time to just be us. 

Today was one of those times.  We both had massages booked at Massage Envy in Franklin this morning, and then we both got haircuts. (Tony at Salon P'NASH is the best!  He's been doing my hair since my Freshman year of high school!)  Since we were already in Franklin, we decided to make a day out of it.  Separately, both of our hairdressers asked us what we were going to do for the rest of the day, and we actually were able to say, "I don't know!"  We had no other plans today!  That RARELY happens!  So, we decided to head downtown and just see where the day led us. 

I have seriously missed this place.  It's quite unfortunate, but even while I was living in Franklin, I never fully took advantage of this beautiful town.  We mostly came to the square for Festivals and such.  This section of town is filled with wonderful restaurants, unique shops, and plenty of history.

We ate at Mellow Mushroom and ordered a pizza half and half.  Half Hawaiian (my fave) and half Red Skin Potato (a newbie).  For those of you who would like my opinion... The potato pizza was good... like a loaded baked potato... but it has this ranch dressing on it with a kick... and I probably could have done without that.

Then, we walked around the shops and found some unique treasures!  Too bad we are not rich and couldn't afford to take home any of those wonderful things...

One of my favorite shops is Philanthropy.  If you've never been, they have trendy clothing and other items that they sell and help provide money to different organizations in need.  Here's something funny I saw in the shop:


True story.  I need this... Check out the current state of our bathroom:

Seriously.  I just took that.

So anyway... My most favorite part of the store was this PRAYER WALL!  This store is amazing!  They have a wall with nails tapped in, and you can write a prayer request on a tag and hang it on the wall.  Then, you can take someone else's prayer request with you and pray for them!  LOVE IT.



This is the prayer request we took.  Precious child wanting to pray for his/her mom!  Whoever you are, we are praying for her!

We went into some antique shops and a SWEET vintage candy/sweets shop.  SO FUN.  D got ice cream and and orange cream soda.  I got some special goodies that I'll be using for the upcoming baby shower of my sweet sweet Caroline!!! (No pictures.  You must wait til after the shower for that!)

We did find a cutsie cute shop with precious little kids toys and things, and OHMYGOODNESS, I just want to spoil little Jude (Caroline's future baby).  D had to keep telling me no.  Or at least giving me the *stoplookingatthebabystuff* look.  But I just loved it all, so I will have to remember for future times to go back and get something every once in awhile!  I did almost get this letter train, but as you can see, the D looks more like and R, so we nixed that idea.  Sorry Caroline!

No Jure's for the Herron family!

P.S. We also the new Franklin Theater!!!  I remember when they were talking about tearing it down and how devastated so many people from the community were.  There are some good memories tucked away for me from that theater.  It was so different from every other one I'd ever been to.  You could see a movie for like $3, and they had tables and couch-like seats for the movie.  They were never the newest releases, but that made it even more fun to go see an older film with your friends!  Well, they didn't end up tearing it down (Hooray!), and this nice man brought D and me inside and told us all about the changes.  Movies are still cheap ($5), and they still have the tables in the theater!  But they have jazzed it up, and even added a stage for musicals, concerts, etc.  It looks like fun!  Maybe I can bring some of ya down there with me sometime to check it out!



We were going to go bowling, but by the time we finally got back to our cars, we realized that it's TIRING going out for a day on the town like regular people!  So we decided to head back home to see a movie instead.  We decided to go see Looper because it looked enticing.  Here's my thing people: Please go online and check out movie ratings and the reasons they received that rating before deciding to go see a movie.  Hello.  I don't need naked ladies all over this giganto screen people!  So disappointing.  It's a great movie.  There is no need for all of that.  None.  Don't you remember days when they made awesome movies and they didn't even need to have ta-ta's hanging out all over the place?  Because I do.  And I miss those days.  D and I have made a pact.  We are going to research all movies before we see them.  If there is necked people (necked... what a terrible pronunciation), we aren't going.  End of story.  It's not worth it. 

Other than the unnecessary exposure, today was one of the most perfect days of our marriage thus far!  I love being a normal couple with limited plans and freedom to enjoy ourselves for a change! 

8 Days until I'm a woman with an anniversary under my belt!
Tick, tick, tick!


No comments:

Post a Comment