Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Three Oh Three


This is gonna get real.  Like, I have to let it all out.  The tears have hit, and probably not for the last time.  Say goodbye to 303 Saddlebridge Lane.  Moving around a lot as a child, it was actually house number 5 and I was only 7.  However, this house is what I will always remember as "home".  It belonged to our family for 20 whole years!  We moved to Tennessee on Thanksgiving Day, stayed in The Landings apartments, and then moved into this house on my mom's birthday, February 5, 1994.  The memories range all the way from the joys of childhood to the sadness of a broken family.  I would not take back any of those moments.  They brought us to today.  Made us the people we are.  Set us on the path to who we will become.

But now 303 is going to tell the stories of a new family.  A young couple with a toddler and a baby on the way.  As I stood in the house for the last time, alone, I took a moment in each room and prayed over the family who will now be filling this home with brand new memories.  I prayed that the children would laugh like we laughed, play like we played, create like we created.  I prayed they would become children of God who share His love with others.  I prayed that the mother would love her husband and serve him with humility.  I prayed the father would lead the household and fight for them.  But most of all, I prayed that God would bring them joy, joy that can only come from Christ.

Over the next little bit, I am going to be sharing some memories and pictures from the place I will remember has home.  If you were ever at my house throughout the years we lived there, I would love for you to share some of your favorite memories in the comments.  The reminiscing is primarily for me, but it would be fun to hear from you as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment