Wednesday, August 28, 2013

D's Official Office Project

You would think that with all this extra room in our new home, we would have an easy time putting everything away in a nice little place.  Notthecase.  Instead, we have found that it's more exciting to recreate our home into something new and our own.  Well, that takes time... and money... one of which we have.  And that's money.  Ha, just kidding, folks.  The problem is, we have plenty of time, but I want it all to be done already!!! 

Oh well...

The first project we have fully completed is D's new office which occupies the "loft" space we got as a bonus in our new home.  As a reminder... here is the space I'm talking about:

Walk up the stairs and look to the right.
Blank canvas.

Well, D has taken advantage of my Pinterest obsession and came across a picture that I pinned about loft offices.  (See below)
Found here
D got it into his mind and has been working toward a VERY SPECIFIC idea to bring his office to life. And let me tell you... this specific idea was not the easiest to put together.
He wanted: 
  • One Turquoise wall
  • CLEAN white desk
  • Burnt orange chairs (MUST be comfy, MUST be cool-looking)
  • Plants
  • Gigantic picture of the Miami skyline
We got the turquoise wall.  We got the CLEAN white desk.




We got the comfy burnt orange chairs.  We got the plants.




AND.  We got the painting.  Originally, D wanted a black and white photo, but since he couldn't find it, I offered to paint it.  Then, of course, he wanted color.  I have NEVER taken on such a humongous painting; Nor have I ever painted such a detailed painting based on a real object.  I like abstract... words, design, shapes...  Like this painting I did for my mom a few years back:



Not buildings.  Alas, I finished the project.  Voila!

Step One: Sketch

Step Two: Water and Bridge
Step Three: Sky
 
Step Four: Buildings

Step Five: Put on wall

So there you have it, people!  One room done!  



No comments:

Post a Comment