Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Celebrating, part 1

Well, yesterday was the last day of a wonderful and fun-filled anniversary celebration.  Now, I can put all of the pieces together to share the story!

Monday, October 8, 2012

Leading up to the day, I tried to be blatant subtle and let D know that I wanted our first anniversary to be very special.  I told him so many times that it's not about what he gets me so much as what he does for me.  I wanted our day to truly be celebrated, ya know?  Well, maybe I have too many romantic bones in my body (or maybe I just watch WAY too many chick flicks) that I kept filling my mind with my own creation of things he could do on that day.  To be honest, I pretty much set him up for failure because there's no way he was going to live up to all of the romantic things I had already imagined him doing.  Well, I truly did just that.  I had already given up on him, and it was only 6:30am.  You see, if you recall, I have a post from a while back where I discussed my disdain for waking up every morning while he continues to sleep on and on... And I noted how I have suggested that he get up with me every once-in-awhile.  Well today was that day, I decided!  It was our anniversary after all!  But alas... there was his sleeping body as I was about to walk out the door.  So, I obnoxiously flipped on a light so that he would see that I was about to leave.  He got up and gave me a hug and an, "I love you," and a, "Happy Anniversary!"  Hmph.  I was upset, so I gave a half-hearted response and left for school.

Surely he'll come bring me lunch today, I thought.  Surely he'll bring me flowers!  Lunchtime passed.  Nada.  My little heart was just about checked out.  And then... about an hour before school was out...

TADA!
Delivery!  And when I texted him a giant Thank You, he told me he was hoping they would look like our wedding colors... awwwwwwwww!  Jerk of a wife over here has not even given my husband any chances to be amazing.  And guess what... he is.

But he wasn't done, folks.  Nope.  Because he's not just amazing... he is AMAZING.  I walk out of the school to head home and see this on my car:

Peek through to the front... Do you see?  Because I didn't yet...  But when I walked around the car and opened the door, I saw this:

Attached is a note that says something like, "A rose for every month I've been the happiest husband." (*insert awwwwwwwww*)  And do you see the little puppy?  That's my newest cuddle buddy for when my hubbs has to go out of town.

No people...  He still was not done.  Because I came home to this:

And then I got to open these:

That would be a pair of tennis shoes that I have been talking and talking about for like ever.  AND he created a scrapbook online to tell our story.  Bless.  Okay, hubbs, I'm sorry.  I shouldn't doubt you so. You are far more wonderful than I give you credit for.  Forgive?

Yeah, okay, so all of you right now are thinking... alright selfish... and did you even do anything for HIM?!  After all, it's an anniversary, which is for two people.  YES PEOPLE!  Are you kidding?!

So, all day long, starting at 10:08 (Get it?), he got to open a present every hour.  Each present was attached to a memory of a significant moment in our journey.  For example, this was the first gift....

On our first date, we went bowling (a "game"), so I got him a new game to play, where I would dominate, just like the bowling.  (hehe)  Well, we love to play Farkel (Funny name, GREAT GAME), so when I saw this game, I knew we had to have it. 

The rest of the day followed suit where he opened presents relating to those memorable events.  He bought his own wrapping paper... don't judge me.

Sorry, it's turned around.  I thought I fixed it.  Oh well. 

The last gift was meant to represent our future together. 


I got a map of the world so that we could pin the places we've been and the places we want to go.  I want to continue using this as we add kiddos to the family that might want to add pins of their own! 

All in all, I learned a huge lesson: "Don't underestimate your husband!"  He might show you that he actually does have a romantic mind, and then you'll feel like an idiot.


Loving on the man that keeps me on my toes!


2 comments:

  1. I've never known someone who liked to give gifts as much as you. Andd... I want to know what's in all of them. Maybe I'll get some ideas! (Actually, where did you get your map? I've been trying to thrift/ garage sale one to know avail...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I will tell you the details of the presents when I see you in a couple weeks!!! Also, I just went on Ebay for the map. Super cheap. The shipping and the frame was more expensive than the map. It's just poster style. If you want something sturdier, it's gonna be pricy.

    ReplyDelete