Saturday, October 27, 2012

Celebrating, part 3

Sunday, October 14-Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Gatlinburg (Pigeon Forge)!  We decided to make a last-minute getaway and take advantage of my county Fall Break by traveling to one of the most beautiful and interesting locations our state has to offer!  (I said .one.of. for those of you who are thinking about all the places that are 100x better.)

First stop: Murder Mystery dinner show!  To be honest, I was a little hesitant when we walked in the doors.  It was smaller than I imagined, and the actors were walking around and mingling with the guests.  Their outfits and makeup looked like our low-budget high school productions.  However, once the show started, they were funny, and they were great at improv!  Oh man, this one guy played one of two super country brothers, and he had me cracking up!  I definitely encourage going to these shows!  Good food, good time!
This was our clue packet.  We were able to be involved by solving some puzzles inside that gave us clues to the murder!  (P.S. I totally, got it right. Duh.)


Upon entering, you had to pose with your party.  Celebrate anniversaries by killing each other.  Haha.


We had to make the most of our Monday, so we started out in Gatlinburg at the Pancake Pantry!  YUM.  I decided to be daring and go for something different... Sweet Potato Pancakes with cinnamon sugar syrup.

Waiting.  I don't know what he is doing.

Consensus... They were good, but next time I'm stickin with my always faithful chocolate chip.


And of course, you can't go to Gatlinburg without getting the musthave saltwater taffy(s)!

Peach is my favorite!  You?



How can you go to this beautiful place and not experience God's artistry??  You can't.  Not possible.  We went at the perfect time because Autumn is kicking in full force!  The trees!!!!!  How I will miss them...


Let's pretend that is me and the hubbs.

Oh here we are!


Thanks to the awkward lady who took this picture for us!  Why is it that the person you ask to take your picture always holds the camera like they've never seen one before?  I mean really, they are pretty much all the same.  Find the big circle button on the top and click. 


Hello beautiful view of the mountains!!! Sigh...

On our way through the mountains, we saw so many beautiful places to stop and view the stream, but we never did.  So, on our way back to Pigeon Forge, we made it our mission to find those places again....Unfortunately...  When we found the only stop going that direction, it was lack luster.  So I took these pictures instead.


My favorite of the whole trip.

We decided to eat dinner at the best of the best ribs restaurant: Tony Roma's.  This was a treat since they don't have them anywhere near us since the Nashville flood came through and hit Opry Mills.  Then, we went to see a magic show at WonderWorks.  Now let me tell you... I was unimpressed.  My daddy was a side magician for as long as I can remember.  HERSHEL THE GREAT!  (Don't ask.  I don't know why.)  He would do shows for my birthday parties and I was fascinated at his talent, and so angry when he wouldn't tell me the secrets!  (Being the daughter should mean I automatically get to know the secrets.  Duh.)  But this guy pretty much did every classic trick you've alreadyeverseen.  I mean, he did them WELL; I don't know the secrets.  But I've seen them before, ya know?  Wow me!  Show me the newest and latest!


However, he saved himself for a moment.  He came into the crowd to do some "mind-reading". D and I were getting bored as he started going through some schmucky spiel about how he knows we are all happy people who have friends and family and enough money because we came to this show.  I was like... oh good grief.  He's one of THOSE people.  BUT WAIT!  He then proceeded to share about how he is one of those people as well, but his success is solely because of God.  Amen, brotha!  I'll let you share about some Jesus to all of these people here.  But for the magic part?  Nah....

On our way home on Tuesday, some lady tried to get us to buy a time share come see a cabin where we can stay for free!  Too bad we don't own a credit card...  but we did end up with free tickets from Mountain Dew to go see their new sky bridge!


Okay, so it's higher than it looks from here.  That's a steep drop, people.  Stop your judging.



This is just a teaser.  It's about to get scary.


Okay, before the scary... read this... It'll tickle your innards!!!  Makes you want one, doesn't it?!


He was the brave one first.  Check out the wood where a piece of glass probably used to be.  Make you feel good?


Ahhh!!!!!  Once again, looks are deceiving.  That was a long way down below us!  I stayed on long enough for this picture and then I was done.



Thanks for the free Mountain Dew!  It definitely tickled my innards!

All in all... this was a great getaway.  Fun and relaxing.  Anniversary well-celebrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment