Saturday, October 27, 2012

Celebrating, part 2

Oops, it's taken me a little bit of time to get back here, but I wanna put down all the rest of the fun that was had for our one year anniversary celebration, so here goes!

Friday, October 12, 2012
D and I decided to celebrate our anniversary by going back to the place where we stayed as a married couple for the first time: Opryland Hotel.  We had been blessed by a wonderful couple from our church who paid for our room last year and made that night so special for us.  When we planned on going back this year, we called a few months ahead and tried to request the same room.  "We can't do that," they said.  What?! That is lame.  I mean, it's not like somebody else has already requseted the same room for the same night.  "We can put it on a request list, and there is a good chance that you can get it when you check in," they said.  Okay.  I guess that will do.

WELL WE GOT IT PEOPLE!

Aww... there he is.... Mr. Handsome, himself.

So, we go to stay in the Cascades at the hotel, and it is my favorite because it has this beautiful waterfall that we could see from our room!  We kept the balcony doors open, and just pulled the curtains so we could hear the relaxing sound all night.  So peaceful!


We took time to walk around and enjoy the beautiful hotel.


How many times have I been to Opryland Hotel and not realized they have pools??  I mean, it makes sense...  but I've never seen them before...



I just like that plant there in the middle.  Like a firework, no?


We ate a CHEAP, but delicious, dinner at STAX.  (And that is hard to do at Opry!)



Those burgers were HUGE.  We should have shared.


P.S. I should share that we got a huge deal on this room.  If we had stayed there a week earlier, it would have been an additional $100.  PLUS, we got about a $100 discount because I'm a teacher.  God so worked this stay out in our favor!


We watched the waterfall show.  I had no idea when it started.  But when we sat down, the music came on.  Guess they were just waiting for us!




We ordered a waytooexpensive dessert from room service that completely undid the money we saved from dinner.

We slept in, woke up and played card games on the balcony, and soaked every paid-for minute of our stay!

Totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment