Sunday, July 8, 2012

Bringing Revival to White House

Hello, friends!  I wanted to take this post to share a little about what God is doing here in White House, Tennessee.  I have absolutely loved becoming a part of this church family here, and God is doing such great things in the people of our community.  Lately, though, we have been going through a little bit of a tough time financially, and with that, there has been some kind of looming sense of worry and concern throughout some of our congregation.  Often times, we can get in a lull in our walk with Christ.  We become complacent and content in where we are, and we are afraid to get uncomfortable in our faith.  Let God's glory be known that just because we are struggling that does NOT mean He isn't moving!!!  Recently, there has been an abundance of prayer toward the direction of our church, and let me just tell you.... GOD IS ANSWERING! 

I have been blessed to be able to sing in a rotation on our church's Praise Team.  Looking out at the congregation this morning, I was truly humbled at seeing our church rise up in uninhibited worship.  Tears filled my eyes to see such zeal and passion. 

In our Pastor's sermon, we were encouraged to recognize that a "revival" is not a movement in which we look for something new and sparkly to ignite an emotional response that will fade at the first obstacle in our path.  Instead, a revival begins in the heart.  It's about each of us getting ourselves right with Christ and pouring out ourselves that HE might take our place and intercede for us. 

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."
- Galatians 2:20

We must die to ourselves daily and offer ourselves up to Him who is so much greater than our tiny brains can comprehend.  Christ longs to fill us and bring us everlasting joy.  He desires to uphold his glory, and it is our blessing that He might use us to do so. 

God is doing something here in White House, and I am excited to see what that looks like.  I pray that we all strive for a revival in our hearts.  Let it not be out of an emotional response but of the outpouring of our faith in God, our Father! 


PS... I'm out for a week as I taking a trip with our youth.  Please be in prayer over these kiddos that God will be real, relevant, and PRAISED!


1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said Kelsey. Prayers and Hugs in your journey with the youth.

    ReplyDelete