Wednesday, October 23, 2013

In My Room

THE SPACE:
My Bedroom


THE MEMORIES:
  1. This is where I spent the majority of my personal time.  My room was full of pictures of all my friends and family.  I loved mementos from different events and activities I had been a part of and I displayed them everywhere.
  2. This is the room where I would run to be alone when I had my own phone line and I wanted to chat with all of my girls about things that didn't really matter.
  3. This is the room where I would run to be alone when I was crying over a boy that broke my heart... And then I wrote poems about it.
  4. This is the room where I would lay my Bible at the end of my bed at night because my daddy told me that God's Word would protect me from Satan's attacks, and I put that to the test!
  5. This is the room that is covered in glow-in-the-dark stars from Wendy's kid's meals LONG ago.  I didn't take them down.  I wonder when the new family discovered the planetarium in their new house...
  6. This is the room that shared a wall with my dad's office, so I would hear the choruses, or one line of a verse of songs on repeat alllllll summer long as he worked.  I knew those songs inside and out!  Amy Grant, Michael W. Smith, Sandi Patty, etc.
  7. This is the room that I got to design and thought I was the coolest for having a beach on my wall.  I personally came up with the idea to have a palm tree hang over the other wall so I could sleep "under" it.  Who knew I would actually live near the beach some day??

Here is the wall I designed.  One of my dad's piano students had a mom who painted murals, so she brought my idea to life!

From the palm tree corner looking to the rest of the room.  This is the most common view I had.


Out of my window... Growing up, this is where I saw/heard all the neighborhood kids playing.  I actually popped out the screen one day while shouting something out to them.  

This is my closet.  Exciting, yes?

THE SPACE:
Connor's Bedroom

THE MEMORIES:
  1. Obviously, I don't have nearly as many in here, seeing as how it was not my room.
  2. I remember cleaning this room on many occasion.  I was responsible for vacuuming and dusting. And what was it that he had to do again?  I don't remember...
  3. I remember reading to my brother when he was little.  My mom got the first Harry Potter book for me to read before it was even a popular thing.  I got through the first chapter and looked at Connor and said, "Do you have any idea what's going on in this story?"  He laughed and said, "Nope," and we didn't revisit it again.  (Years later, I fell in love with the series.  He like the movies.)
  4. My brother and I did have many fun moments lying back on his bed and taking pictures making crazy faces.  We would laugh until our faces hurt.
  5. I wish my brother and I hadn't been so far apart in age.  It put some distance between us for awhile.  My mom miscarried two babies in between us.  I will never know them, but God is sovereign.  Today, Connor turns 21, and I am so proud of the man he is becoming.  Love you Boo Boo!


Total opposite of me, his room has ALWAYS reflected his athletic nature.  Once Connor got to redo his room, it basically became a Chelsea (soccer) haven.  


No comments:

Post a Comment