Saturday, October 26, 2013

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!

THE SPACE:
My Parents' Bedroom and Bathroom


THE MEMORIES:
  1. This room never really changed that much.  (As you can see by the giant impressions on the carpet.)  The only major makeover was changing the bed from a waterbed to a Sleep Number mattress.  And when I say waterbed, I mean you could be sitting on one side and someone hop on the other side and you would think you were out to sea!  I missed that thing… So, when I got to get a new bed for my room, I got my OWN waterbed!
  2. This used the be the room I would go to if I wanted to watch TV in bed.  It was always an awkward angle, but I felt cozy.
  3. This is really the only bathroom I know.  I always hated the lack of water pressure in the bathroom I shared with Connor, so for most of my life, I made their bathroom my bathroom.  Of course, I was always the first one up every morning, so I had it all to myself.
  4. Seeing as I was the only one awake, I thought I could take advantage of the time.  My mom would wake me up every 5-10 minutes for about half an hour before I actually got out of bed.  Then, I would drag myself in (with my blanket), turn the shower on, and curl up on the tile floor with my blanket and go back to sleep.  About 20 minutes later, my mom comes in the restroom asking what in the world I am doing.  "I'm tired!" I said.  "Get in the shower!  You're going to be late!" she said.  So, I would take my shower… and go back to my room and watch Saved By the Bell until 7:00am.  Who's with me?!  Z.M. and K.K. forevs!!!

 
Check out the intercom system on the wall.  IN EVERY ROOM.  I love-hated it.




Dad's closet and the location of the ironing board

My favorite bathroom and the tile floor where I would sneak in an extra 20 minute nap before school

Countless baths in that whirlpool tub… Except, we never used the jet part because it always shot out black stuff...

Mom's closet… oh to have this much space for just yourself… (And this isn't the whole thing… it continues on to the right.)

THE SPACE:
The Siblings' Bathroom

THE MEMORIES:
  1. Like I said, I didn't use this one very much… So, there aren't nearly as many memories…
  2. Drawer to the left: mine… Drawer to the right: Connor's
  3. This used to be decorated with purple, blue, and green fish.  Not sayin' that we should have kept it that way, but when my parents decided to remodel, I did NOT have a say in the new decor.  I never liked it.  Wah… wah… wahhhhhh……
  4. I did, however, like the needlepoint pictures my mom had hanging up.  She made them herself: one for me and one for Connor.  They had the little sayings… "Sugar and spice and everything nice… That's what little girls are made of…" "Snips and snails and puppy dog tails… That's what little boys are made of…"

Lame shower and a toilet that wouldn't stop running...

View from the throne room to the hallway...



No comments:

Post a Comment