Monday, October 28, 2013

Must Be the Money Mondays!

…I just made that up…

Moving down to Florida has brought many joys, as well as plenty of challenges.  The primary obstacle we have had to face is our finances.  Our White House budget doesn't come close to meeting what is required to live life in Pines.  The cost of living is easily triple that of what we are used to.  That being said, we are definitely testing the waters of living by faith.  We are blessed to be able to say that God provides for our needs every step of the way.  Even in the moments when it's coming down to the wire, we see His hand moving to carry us through.  

I am so thankful for a husband who is working his HARDEST to provide for our family.  He is out every day making the most of each moment!  While I am in the process of acquiring a job (or jobs), I am trying to do my best to cut costs where I can.  So, with the help of the world wide web, and my good new friend, Shannon, I am learning how to coupon!  Do you coupon?!  I am definitely not gonna be one of those cray-cray people with no space to live because their home has become a warehouse for items they will never use… 

You know who I'm talking about, right?  The lady who who has diapers, wipes, and formula, but is single with no man in the picture, no children, and no plan to have them?  

That will not be me.  I WILL, however, save money on items that I will use, when I can.  I have just begun building my system, but I am excited to share my first experience using my newfound knowledge!

For this go-around, I am just going to show the items I purchased with coupons.  There were some other necessary purchases, and they will make it less exciting, so out they go!

All items purchased at Publix!

Item breakdown:
Mott's Apple Juice: 
           Original price- $2.87
           Savings- $.94 each
  • BOGO
  • $1/1 Mfg coupon
Country Crock Spreadable Butter: 
           Original price- $2.65
           Savings- $1.33 each
  • BOGO
Hamburger/Chicken Helper: 
           Original price- $1.89
           Savings- $.72 each
  • BOGO
  • $.90/4 Mfg coupon
Nestle Cookie Dough (YES PLEASE):
           Original price- $3.49
           Savings- $1.12 each
  • BOGO
  • $1.25/2 Mfg coupon
Quaker Oats Chewy Granola Bars:
           Original price- $2.89
           Savings- $.95 each
  • BOGO
  • $1.00/2 Target coupon
TOTAL ORIGINAL PRICES- $31.36
TOTAL COST AFTER COUPONS- $11.56
37% discount!


This picture reflects more savings because it takes into account the sales Publix already had on certain products.  I know it's not paying $0, but I'd say that's $22.36 that I can use elsewhere in our budget!  Hooray for savings!!!  

Dear Couponers, do you have any tips?  Websites you love?  Awesome saving stories?!  Please share!




No comments:

Post a Comment